Thursday, 07 July 2011

A New Season

Have you heard this phrase before, "A new season"?  Or a new dawn, a new horizon etc.  Well,  this year (2011) I've heard it mentioned a lot - Song titles, Artworks, Album titles - just Google it and you'll see.  God IS doing something new, we are in a new season.  We are being challenged to think differently, to view the old things in new ways, to"dig new holes" (as someone once said).  If I am a "wineskin" (which is my thinking and everything that makes me, me) then my old wineskin has to be replaced with a new one, to contain the newness that He wants to achieve.

Sounds like a mouthful, but in essence I have to change. That's the challenge, because "How adaptable am I really?".  If we stay humble and teachable before God, He will work out our change and then we can produce the new.

So, are you perhaps stuck in a bit of a creative rut?  Lacking inspiration right now?  Then maybe you need to climb out of that old hole, get up on the surface, turn to face a new direction and look to the new horizon.  Vulnerable - yes - but if you don't want to stagnate, then vital.

Be encouraged, we're all in this together.

 Please share your "new season" here!

No comments: