Saturday, 06 August 2011

God creates- why don't we follow His example?

I am siting in a coffee shop in Pietermaritzburg (KwaZulu-Natal South Africa), looking at people walking past, having coffee talking to other people, doing business. Different shapes and sizes, different characters. Some laughing and joking some serious. It is then that the thought came to me, "God must have had so much fun creating all of us".
Let me clear up something. I do not believe in the "big bang" theory and that my forefather was a monkey! I believe that God created the earth as it is stated in Genesis 1 - God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day.  But as we look at nature and the animals I can not help but think that God must have had fun creating and still is having fun creating (I can't help but wonder if it is not His way to relax as it is for us seeing that we are created in his image.)

With my mind thinking I am reminded of a statement that I heard a prophet make last weak. Everybody is creative and can create something. We all have been brainwashed to believe that art or music needs to sound this way or look that way to be art. But this is untrue. If we allow God to inspire us to draw and all we can draw well is a stick man draw your stick man to the best of your ability. The funny thing is that you will know the meaning behind your piece of art and somebody else could have some other interpretation of it, and it can inspire somebody. I saw some art that this prophet has done. She just applied water colour to paper,  and followed Gods instruction as to how to move it around - wow how beautiful, and there was a story behind every picture.
I took up the challenge this lady left us with, grabbed my camera and took some pictures. The picture that is with this blog is one that I did (would be interesting to hear what God is telling you about this picture, let me know) and it was so much fun to let my mind go and think how I can take different pictures and combine it into one with a message.

I believe for too long we have allowed the unsaved to dictade to us what is art, music. I believe it is time for us as believers to start allowing the creative juices from heaven to flow in us and to start creating art and music inspired from heaven.

This morning I want to put the challenge out there. Sit with God for a hour and ask Him to help you write a poem, song, picture, any piece of creative artwork and put it on your blog for us all to see, and comment on.

Lets take the creative world back from the devil. God creates and so must we!!
I pray that God will bless you with some awesome creations.


 ShortURL: http://christianblog.com/9c28
Ruann

1 comment:

de la Hunt-James Blog said...

Editor: Thanks bud, for being obedient. Great results! I also get so inspired writing in coffee shops. Keep going in your anointing - awesome to watch it develop.