Friday, 17 June 2011

Inspiration & artwork.

Today I attended our church's "soaking session" (see my notes on Facebook, or Soaking at the Oasis Church, also on FB), really trusting God that I would get some inspiration for an artwork soon!!  Well, God is faithful, as two of the prophetic words that came through gave me glimmers of images and feeling, which although embryonic now, I know will grow into something I can build with.  That's the creative process for me - something like a prophetic word will spark an image in my mind, then I know I have to put lots of prayer into it, waiting on God for further clues.  It's great fun, an adventure!  I also search for similar images in the world around me, or try to sketch it, and I start gathering these puzzle pieces to build and create with.  Yes, things do change along the way.  But I believe that if we commit these things to the Holy Spirit all the way through, he leads us toward what He can anoint.  I also try to work in different environments, on the same work, as this enhances different aspects of what I'm trying to achieve.  It may start with a fleeting image, which I try to "grab" somehow, then build around that till I feel I've captured the essence and feel of what God had in mind.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Keep it up , full of anointing,